TD Discovery Days in Health Sciences
TD Discovery Days in Health Sciences is a one-day event that give secondary school students and teachers the opportunity to explore a variety of career options in medicine and the health sciences.
The day is comprised of a dynamic keynote lecture, hands-on workshops and a career panel discussion. Students gain a clear picture of what it would be like to be a health professional by interacting with researchers, clinicians and educators in their real-life work setting.
The next TD Discovery Days, hosted by the Child & Family Research Institute, will be held at CFRI, BC Children's Hospital and BC Women's Hospital & Health Care Centre on Tuesday, December 1, 2015.
Nominate a Student -
Students must be nominated by a teacher to attend this event and cannot register themselves. Nomination forms for teachers will be available on The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame
website early September.
Teacher Nomination Guidelines -
- Students in grades 10-12 must be nominated by a teacher to attend this event. Students cannot register themselves.
- Each school can nominate a maximum of 5 students to attend.
- Nominations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. As space is limited, not all nominations will be guaranteed a seat.
- Information on this event has been sent to both science and career teachers so please discuss potential nominations with each other and select one teacher to submit the school's nominations.
- Before teachers can register students a contact teacher must complete the School Registration Form.
- Teacher are invited, but not required to attend.
- This event is very popular, we encourage teachers to register schools shortly after registration opens.
What Students are Saying about Discovery Days -
Video recordings of past education events, including the TD Discovery Days in Health Science Lecture, are available online. These may be useful for classes, or of interest to those who are unable to attend the CFRI education events.
For more information visit The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame.
If you have any questions or concerns contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-875-2000 x5397.